There is nothing like eating some good homemade Mexican food! All my life I had nothing, but Mexican food. Thanks to the good ol’ Mexican traditions that my mother exposed me to. Although she was the one who did all the cooking, I couldn’t help but pick up some tips and tricks from her. She is the greatest cook I know. I mean she could make a full meal out of nothing. My siblings and I could look in the fridge and find nothing that would make for a meal. Then she’d come along and grab a few items and create some deliciousness. Her cooking abilities still fathom me.
So, this is where I bring you to this recipe that I happen to put together. Feeling so proud that maybe, just maybe, I picked up a thing or two. Thank you Mama. I hope you’re proud.
Now that I have this delicious recipe, I am going to share it with you knowing that you are going to add it to your favorite recipe box. Or pin it on Pinterest to save. Just hit the “PIN” botton on any of the pictures or through the “Pinterest” button at the bottom of this post under the “More” button.
Cooking Time: Approximately 30 Minutes.
Makes: Approximately 8 taquitos
Things you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 1/2 Cups of Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1/4 medium onion (finely diced)
- 4 oz Can of Green Chilies (roasted, peeled, and diced)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Flour Tortillas (I used the 6″-7″ round tortillas)
How to make it:
- Preheat a large saucepan at medium heat.
- Pour in the oil.
- Stir in the chicken, diced onions, and the green chilies together.
- Cook till onions are soft and tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice, cumin, black pepper, and salt into the chicken mixture.
- Let chicken mixture cool about 5-10 minutes to add the cheese.
- Preheat a medium saucepan on medium heat to pan fry the taquitos.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Once the new pan has been preheated, spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray. (I don’t use any additional oils the spray will do; this will keep your taquitos crispy without the grease).
- Individually, start adding the chicken mixture into the lower part of the tortilla, roll up the tortilla, and place the seam-side down into the medium saucepan. Repeat the filling and rolling process with the remaining tortillas.
- Turning the taquitos around till all edges are to a golden brown.
- Now you’re ready to serve and enjoy!
Best if served with fresh salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream. ¡Buen Provecho!
Copyright. All rights reserved.