I am trying to lessen my sugar intake and to start snacking well. Let me tell ya, it isn’t easy! But with a slow process I believe I will get to my goal. I am being realistic here and I know in not going all sugar-free for the rest of my life. Or at least when I want to indulge in a delicious dessert once in a while; especially, during the holiday seasons. Am I right? Or am I right?!
I came up with my own recipe here for this delicious smoothie. I had a few friends ask me for the recipe since I had apparently “teased” (if I may say) them by posting a picture of the smoothie on my Instagram account but never gave out the recipe. So here it is. Made especially for my wonderful friends and yourself.
I don’t add any sugar other than what’s in the yogurt. If you must add the sugar, add a quarter of a teaspoon at a time.
Makes: 1 Serving
Prep time: 1 min
- 1/2 Cup Organic Strawberry Yogurt
- 1/4 of a Ripe Banana
- 3 Whole Frozen Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Berries (I used Black Cherries and Raspberries)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk (Original)
How To Make:
Just blend all the ingredients in to a blender until a smooth consistency and enjoy!
🍓The frozen fruit will help keep your smoothie cold without getting watered down because we didn’t add the ice. Ice is what makes your smoothies watery.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and my little trick to getting the smoothies act like a smoothie and not get watery when we are trying to enjoy every sip of the fruit not water.
Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment below.
My Sister-In-Law is the best when it comes to making her own things. She makes her own laundry soap, uses essential oils, and makes so much more natural stuff. I look up to her. She keeps me going to living a healthy lifestyle. She is the reason I am able to provide you with this delicious and healthy-protein packed granola bars. She gave me this recipe and I have never let go. Not only is it good for you but it is so delicious that you will not want to eat just one or two!
*Note: I always double this recipe for my family of 6. It lasts us about a week or less. We are big snackers😉.
Protein Packed Granola Bars:
- 2 1/2 Cups Dry Kashi Cereal (I use the Go Lean kind)
- 1 1/2 Cups Dry/Uncooked Oatmeal
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Plain Almonds (Coarsly Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Dried Fruit (Optional)
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- Line an 11″x 9″ pan with parchment paper. (If you double the recipe like me I use an 17″x 11″ cookie sheet)
- Mix all the dry ingredients (Kashi cereal, oatmeal, almonds, dried fruit, and the chocolate chips) in a large bowl.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, melt the peanut butter, honey, and the brown sugar for about 30-60 seconds. Microwave ovens vary so please heat in 30 second intervals.
- Mix the peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined. The chocolate chips will melt because of the warm peanut butter mixture.
- Firmly press the mixture down in the prepared pan until well packed.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator until the mixture hardens.
- Then you will cut the mixture into bars into your desired thickness.
- Store the bars in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator to keep fresh.
The picture above me is the packed-double-batch granola before headed to the fridge.
Looking delish on that plate. 😋🍴
Top portion is for the kids, and the rest for my hubby and I.
Enjoy the granola bars. Please feel free to comment below to let me know how it turned out for you and how you enjoyed them😊.