I enjoy spoiling our Lab, Princess, once in a while with special homemade treats. As I was looking around for some recipes, I came across a meatloaf recipe where they stuff the egg in the middle of the meatloaf. But get this… they said to keep the egg shell on the egg! Huh? This was new to me. Dogs eating egg shells?
So I did some research, and apparently egg shells are beneficiary to dogs. It is an excellent source of calcium and protein. Hmmm… who knew? I certainly didn’t.
With all this new information, of course I am going to give her that added calcium and protein that she needs in her diet.
I decided to make her an all-natural-healthy-doggie-biscuits. (I think the word “doggie” sounds cute. Don’t you?)
Prep Time: Approximately 10 Minutes
Makes: Approximately 21 Biscuits.
Bake Time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Eggs (Yes! Including the egg shells)
- 1/2 Cup Banana
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Peanut Butter
- Water (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- With a stand mixer and the paddle attachment; mix together the flour, eggs, banana, and peanut butter on low to medium speed for about a minute. Just enough to mix ingredients together.
- Add water one Tablespoon at a time if necessary.
- Flour your hands, rolling pin, and outer part of the dough to make it non-sticky.
- Roll the dough 1/2″ thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter and place them in a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven about 30 minutes.
She was one happy camper. She went bananas over them! Ha!
Copyright. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, crop, or share these pictures as your own unless you have a written permission by the owner.