My Sister-In-Law is the best when it comes to making her own things. She makes her own laundry soap, uses essential oils, and makes so much more natural stuff. I look up to her. She keeps me going to living a healthy lifestyle. She is the reason I am able to provide you with this delicious and healthy-protein packed granola bars. She gave me this recipe and I have never let go. Not only is it good for you but it is so delicious that you will not want to eat just one or two!
*Note: I always double this recipe for my family of 6. It lasts us about a week or less. We are big snackers😉.
Protein Packed Granola Bars:
- 2 1/2 Cups Dry Kashi Cereal (I use the Go Lean kind)
- 1 1/2 Cups Dry/Uncooked Oatmeal
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Plain Almonds (Coarsly Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Dried Fruit (Optional)
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- Line an 11″x 9″ pan with parchment paper. (If you double the recipe like me I use an 17″x 11″ cookie sheet)
- Mix all the dry ingredients (Kashi cereal, oatmeal, almonds, dried fruit, and the chocolate chips) in a large bowl.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, melt the peanut butter, honey, and the brown sugar for about 30-60 seconds. Microwave ovens vary so please heat in 30 second intervals.
- Mix the peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined. The chocolate chips will melt because of the warm peanut butter mixture.
- Firmly press the mixture down in the prepared pan until well packed.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator until the mixture hardens.
- Then you will cut the mixture into bars into your desired thickness.
- Store the bars in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator to keep fresh.
Top portion is for the kids, and the rest for my hubby and I.