This month is my husband’s birthday, and I would like to celebrate it with his favorite dessert: Cheesecake! And because this past Saturday was National Cherry Cheesecake Day, I made it with cherries! Yummy!
Cherry Cheesecake Recipe:
Makes one 8" round cake
Prep Time: approx 15 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour and 25 Minutes
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 Cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter, Melted
Cherry Cheesecake Filling:
- 10 oz Bag of Frozen Cherries
- 24 Oz Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Large Eggs
- 8″ Springform Pan
- Can of Cherry Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly butter an 8-inch spring-form pan.
- Stir cracker crumbs and sugar in a medium bowl until well mixed.
- Add melted butter and stir until evenly moistened.
- Press crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until set. Cool completely!
- Puree cherries in a food processor until smooth. Set aside cherry puree (should be about 1 1/4cups).
- In a stand mixer beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth on medium speed.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition on slow speed.
- Add the cherry puree and beat until well blended still on slow speed.
- Pour mixture over crust in pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until set and slightly golden around the edges.
- Cool cake for 1 hour and refrigerate uncovered overnight.
- Run a small knife around the sides of the pan to loosen.
- Remove pan sides carefully.
- Transfer cake to a platter.
- Cut into wedges and serve with cherry pie filling.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and tutorial. Comment below what you think or if you gave this a try. Did you like it?
P.S. Happy birthday to My Lovely Husband😘.