I was inspired to make them and be ready for an Easter treat, which Easter is in 3 days from today by the way. Gasp!
Instead of the normal chocolate-chocolate I wanted to add some nice pastel colors. In order to do this I used white chocolate and some food coloring for this.
Time: 10 minutes approx.
Items you will need:
- 1 cup of raisins
- 5 small bowls
- 3 tablespoons of white chocolate chips for each bowl
- 1/4 teaspoons of vegetable shortening for each bowl
- pink food coloring
- blue food coloring
- green food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- purple food coloring
- 5 spoons for each colored chocolate
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Place the parchment paper onto cookie sheet.
- Making the chocolate covered raisins one bowl at a time.
- Place 3 tablespoons of white chocolate into each bowl.
- Add the shortening into the chocolate.
- Microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals. Start the first 30 seconds, mix, microwave again for another 30 seconds, mix together again till well blended. Your chocolate should be smooth with no chocolate lumps.
- Add the food coloring, one drop at a time till desired color. I used about 2-3 drops for each color till my desired color.
- Adding one raisin at a time: dip the raisin and scoop it out with the edge of the spoon and place it on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat till chocolate is all done.
- If the chocolate gets hard again, heat in the microwave in 5 seconds intervals mixing till it is smooth again.
If you like the jar in the pictures, you can click here for the tutorial.:)
Copyright. All rights reserved.