When you want something homemade, quick to make, and becomes a favorite dish even for some picky eaters then this dish is for you and your family.
I tend to think that my kids aren’t picky eaters, and eat everything I make, but I would be dreaming.
So, in my attempt to step into reality I gather my mind and make something good. See what happens when my mind is not so busy? I start to think better.
With a family of 6 this recipe not only is delicious and makes everyone want more, but there is plenty enough for my family to have seconds and leave plenty for leftovers. Lunch anyone?
Easy Delicious Taco Salad
- 6-8 taco salad shells
- 1lbs. – Lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pkg.- 1.25oz chili seasoning
- 1/4 – medium onion
- 1/4 can – 15.5oz Black Beans
- 1/4 can – 15.5oz Pinto Beans
- 1/4 can – 15.5oz Light Red Kidney Beans
- 1/4 can – Sweet Whole Corn
- 2 cups of instant rice
- 1/2 lettuce (thinly shredded)
- 6oz shredded sharp cheddar
- Diced tomato (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Diced avocado (optional)
- Prep the lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes. Cover and put in the refrigerator till needed.
- Brown ground turkey in a large pot on medium heat. Meanwhile; boil 2 cups of water in a medium pot to make the rice.
- Once the meat is fully cooked, add the onions, chili seasonings, beans, and corn. Stir to combine and heat till the ingredients are hot. About 10 minutes or till bubbly.
- Once the 2 cups of water boils, stir in the 2 cups of instant rice. Cover, turn off the burner, and remove from heat immediately. Leave covered for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the taco shells on the plates.
- Layer the ingredients inside the shells starting with rice on the bottom, following with a layer of chili, lettuce, cheese, tomato, avocado, and salsa on top.
*Copyright. All rights reserved.